Travel tips to Gières
The city of Gières is a French city located south east of France. It is located in the department of Isère of the French region Rhône-Alpes. Gières is part of the district of Grenoble.
The greenest way to get to Gières:
It might not be the fastest way, but the greenest way to get to Gières is by train. Have a look at the French trains on this website:
The airports near Grenoble:
- Lyon: Lyon airport is about 100 kilometres from Grenoble, and is served by a regular bus (every hour, pretty much, 30 euros return, takes about an hour) and trains direct to the city centre. The bus timetable can be found here.
- Chambery: Chambery is about 70 kilometres from Grenoble. You can get a train direct to Grenoble from the centre of Chambery that takes around an hour.
- Grenoble: The nearest airport is Grenoble (airport code GNB). This airport is actually 45 kilometres from Grenoble and served by an infrequent bus taking 45 minutes.
- Geneva: Geneva airport is about 150km from Grenoble. If you can get a direct train, it’s about 2.5 hours.
- Paris: Paris has two airports and is about 3h by TGV from Grenoble. The Grenoble trains leave from Gare de Lyon.
- Avignon: Avignon has a TGV to Grenoble that takes about 1h50 and seems to run around every 2 hours. I have no idea how far the TGV station is from the airport though. Avignon airport to Grenoble is about 230 kilometres.
Useful websites to search flights
There are many good websites to look for and compare flights. Here are some that might be useful for you:
|Click here to participate|