We want to promote peace education, cultural understanding and international friendship, by bringing young people and educators together, to learn from and with one another, while making life long memories.
As a non-profit organization, our goal is purely that of connecting people through shared learning experiences, and supplying a multicultural platform for students and teachers to engage in.
For this, we created the Global Montessori Games, an international event that brings Montessori schools, from all over the world, together with the aim of creating peace and connecting people through sports, education and shared culture.
We firmly believe that sports have the power to unite people and to be a driver for social change, while also promoting teamwork, as well and personal growth.
Dr. Maria Montessori said that sports “challenge us to acquire a new skill and that this feeling of enhancing our abilities is the real source of delight in the game.”
For this reason, our events have no winners or prizes. Instead, we remove the competition and combine children of mixed age, gender and nationality, to participate in the Olympic spirit of fun, friendship, solidarity and fair play.
We hope that we may help guide young people to become better world citizens of tomorrow. With our small contribution to peace and sustainability, we just may be able to impact the greater peace the world needs.
We welcome you all to come and join us on our mission.
Global Association of Montessori Education and Sport
Short Term Goals
- Promote and market the association to find funding and sponsorship, in order to provide improved services and products
- Attend other sporting, educational and cultural events, so we may collaborate with like-minded organizations
- Create and manage more successful events, where participants all learn and share values and experiences, through sports and educational activities
- Provide more frequent GMG events, with varied sports and educational activities, in different countries
- Develop international relationships with schools and associations to the point where schools can apply to host a GAMES event.;
Long Term Goals
- Develop a management team, which includes volunteers and internships, providing experience for the next generation of Montessorians.
- Develop other products and events that are entwined with our core values and can help us have more of an impact
- Create a sporting curriculum that we may share with Montessori schools around the world
- Do our part to help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals and promote sustainability win all we do.
- Contribute to peace and sustainability, in the environments in which we operate, indirectly impacting a greater World Peace.